Sunday, August 31, 2008

Well, its over and it has taken me nearly a week to get around to putting up a photo of our stand at Coolearth. The amount of work involved was vast and afterwards you wonder what all the fuss was about. Saturday was the busiest day.It was dull and wet and a lot of people wandered into the exhibition hall. Dunlaoighre/Rathdown Co. Council handed out loads of freebies: pencils made from recycled CDs., Biros, leaflets and cotton shopping bags. By the time people collected their handouts and arrived at our stand seeing price tags came as quite a shock! Most of our customers werent locals; they were tourists, foreigners etc. They seemed to appreciate the work that went into the driftwood more than the locals - who did buy my cards it must be said. In fact I sold out of my (recycled cotton rag) cards that were embellished with bits of driftwood so I cant post a photo of them.
We met loads of interesting characters and one group - Sunflower recycling - asked Liam to put some of his furniture into their shop for sale! So a good result all around. As some of you know we didnt do this for money - all profits went into sponsoring an acre of rainforest in Peru. Would I do CoolEarth again next year?????



2 comments:

Di's Dooodles said...

Well done to you both & your stand looks amazing!! I hope you are very proud of yourselves & congrats to your OH on the shop commission.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hi Ger, the stand looks terrific! Glad you did well & congrats to Liam on the shop commission. I'm delighted you got the parcel - I only posted it on Saturday a.m! Hope you have fun using the contents! Hugs.