Monday, September 8, 2008

Baby stuff and Crochet Classes

.............................................................
Baby stuff
It has taken me since April last to crochet this baby quilt. Its rectangular-about 31/2 ft x 4ft and is made up of 63 blocks with a heart at the centre - 3 colours per block. Oh, its made up in pure cotton DK. Nothing but the best for Liam's first grandniece down in Barna, Co.Galway. The little peach cotton cardi is also gone to Galway. Its crocheted in aran-style, ideal for any Galway girl even if she is half Spanish. This is only the second time I've made up this pattern and it'll probably be the last! Too time consuming!
Well, I've been busy making cards for two charities; Dogs in Distress and the Hospice Coffee Morning on 18 September. My friend Pat in Malahide is holding a Coffee Morning and I'm making cards-strictly Sunflower themed- to sell at it. Now a little snippet of good news. A brand new Wool Shop has opened just up the road. Its called Stitch and guess who will be teaching Crochet there in a few weeks time????? Apparently there's great demand for crochet tuition and the Wednesday night is already booked out!!!! Other classes are planned for Mornings and Afternoons. Lotsa hooking Northside this autumn girls. (Knitting classes are planned as well but we wont mention the war....)




5 comments:

Di's Dooodles said...

Wow Ger, no wonder it took you so long!! Well done it is fab & I know several people that would attempt a full size aran cardi let alone a little bitty baby one!! Well done again. We have rellies in Barna, George's sister lives there! Small world we live in. And congrats on the classes!!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hi Ger, thanks so much for leaving a new comment on my blog. I love the blanket & the cardi is so cute - and so tiny! I would never have the patience to make either of them, even if I could knit or crochet, which I can't! Huge congrats on the classes, I'm sure they'll be very sucessful & everyone will have a great time. Don't forget to post pics of the cards you're making for the charities. Hugs to you & Herbie.

Kathy said...

wow this if beautiful!

Elisa said...

That's gorgeous, work of art!!!

noelle said...

Wow they are both beautiful :) I'm sure they were appreciated. I'd love to get a pattern for aran crochet, you've inspired me.