Saturday, August 16, 2008

Oriental & Celtic

Been busy this weekend. Made this card to wish Christina in Kent good luck. She loves making oriental themed cards. The lucky cat is machine embroidered on felt. Apparently a lucky cat symbol or statue is a Japanese version of the horseshoe. Business display them - if the cat has his right paw raised he's beckoning money; left paw = looking for customers.


Got a call from a customer at 10.30 am this morning. She needed gifts for in-laws who are heading home to Austrialia on Monday next. They wanted to bring home gifts for 11/13 year old girls so we decided on bracelets made with some Celtic beads and a mobile phone bag.
So I set to work and made 1 "normal" bracelet and 2 memory wire bracelets. Hope they like them. The mobile phone holder is crocheted in pink cotton. The beads are strung on to the cotton first and the crocheted in.









Green memory wire bracelet with gold celtic beads.










Close up















Mobile phone bag with flower

Must make a few more of these. Now all thats left is to make matching phone charm,package and deliver the goods. Back to work.
ger



4 comments:

Di's Dooodles said...

Gorgeous work Geraldine - you really are very very talented!!

Kirsten Alicia said...

Hi Geraldine, guess who??!! I love my card, thank you so much. Your new bracelets are lovely; I'm still wearing the one you sent me, it gets many compliments. I'm just setting up my own blog at the moment. Will let you know how it goes! Luv, Christina.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Me again, I thought I'd give you my blog addy, there's very little there at the moment, it's a work in progress as they say! http://isisimaginings.blogspot.com

jeany said...

Omg i just love love love your work,the mobile phone bag is just soooooo adoreable.
On my blog you say that your work looks better !!!!!.Not true,they look exactly as you have made them,you are extremely talented Ger :):):)